share your work at #lanacon17
*Submission deadline is 11:59 PM EDT, May 31, 2017
BACKGROUND & PURPOSE
The 2017 Laotian American National Alliance (LANA) Conference Committee requests presentations pertaining to Laotian Americans and Southeast Asians. The purpose is to share information in support of members of our communities in the areas of advocacy, policy making, immigration, health and well-being that affect the following groups: Senior, Men, Women, Youth.
To share and advance knowledge associated with senior citizens, men, women and the youth in our communities. The description of each of the topics has deliberately been written to be brief and open-ended in order to give researchers sufficient latitude in the development of proposals. A key consideration in the proposal review process is the demonstration that the expected work includes current existing material and represent a significant expansion in a current or emerging area with easy to use action steps by community members.
KEY FOCUS GROUPS
- Senior Citizens
- Methods and techniques for determining a financial cost related to elderly care
- Impact on mortality, morbidity or long-term health impact on family and support systems
- Models that support families in long term care including resources, finances and other care
- Gender beliefs and issues
- Language gap
- Education models
- College readiness from elementary school
- Maximizing your resume from high school through age 60
- Understanding bank and home ownership loans
- Poster board (one on one/small group)
- Interactive workshop
- Roundtable discussion
- Small group discussion
- Movie (short, long)
Please note that the Conference Committee will consider proposals on unlisted topics that meet the mission of LANA. LANA encourages partnerships with other organizations on any of the topics where the resulting work is of mutual interest. In addition, ideas for future efforts are welcome and appreciated.
To ease the evaluation of proposals, please submit the following:
- Resumes of the researcher(s), including any graduate student(s) expected to participate. If more than one researcher is involved, a single individual should be designated as the lead researcher and primary contact. The person submitting the proposal is the authorized speaker on behalf of all the researchers as well as for the firm or institution on whose behalf the proposal is submitted.
- A description of the presentation and any material that may be used during the presentation
NOTIFICATION OF INTENT TO SUBMIT PROPOSAL
If you intend to submit a proposal, please e-mail written notification by February 28, 2017 to email@example.com.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
Please e-mail a copy of the proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit proposals by March 31, 2017. It is anticipated that all proposers will be informed of the status of their proposal by April 30, 2017.
Note: Proposals are considered confidential and proprietary.
The selection process is determined by the conference committee.
Please submit questions to email@example.com.
- LANA may choose to seek public exposure or media attention for the research. By submitting a proposal, you agree to cooperate with LANA in publicizing or promoting the research and responding to media requests.
- LANA may also choose to market and promote the research to LANA affiliates and alliance members. By submitting, you agree to perform promotional communication requested by LANA, which may include leading a webcast on the research, presenting the research at a LANA meeting, and/or writing an article on the research for LANA newsletter or other for the purpose of sharing knowledge.
- By submitting your proposal, you authorize LANA to use portions or all of your proposal on its website www.lana-usa.org and/or on any social media platforms associated with LANA. Furthermore, you acknowledge that LANA will give you credit for any and/or all proposals submitted.